[RkWard-devel] an old plugin in a new shell... (plot_stepfun)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 1 17:53:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Thursday 01 March 2007 00:19, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> I was continuing with the binomial_clt plugin to add distribution function
> option. I noticed that there was already a plugin for ecdf, but I couldn't
> have embeded it in here.. Attached is a mock UI for a new plot_stepfun.xml
> (which can be embeded here as well as may be in the old one). I was not
> planning for the "rug" options, but since it was there in the ecdf plugin,
> so I am honoring it here too. I will try to commit it once the php file is
> ready.

I think the "rug" is logically separate from the stepfun. Having a rug could
be useful in some cases besides a an ecdf. Also, a rug does not make sense in
all cases, when there is an ECDF function (for instance, in the CLT plugin,
it probably does not make too much sense, or at least not on the x axis, as
points are equally spaced there, anyway). I guess, eventually, we'll want an
embeddable plugin for rug, too, but then there's a lot of embeddable plugins
that we could use...

As far as I can see, you committed plot_stepfun_options.xml without rug
options, anyway?