[rkward-devel] RPM RKWard

Pierre-Yves CHIBON pierreyvesc at yahoo.fr
Sat Jun 16 15:37:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

My name is Pierre-Yves, I have recently tried to compile the RPM of
RKWard to Fedora.
The compilation of the RPM it self does work however, when I start the
program I obtain the following error message, with which I can not gi
further.

Error:
"There was a problem starting the R backend. The following errors(s) has
occured :
-The 'rkward' R-library could not be loaded. This library is needed for
communication between R and RKWard and many things will not work
properly if this library is not present. Likely RKWard will even crash.
The 'rkward' R-library should have been set up when you ran 'make
install'. Please try 'make install' again and chek for any errors. You
should quit RKWardnow."

The fact is that I do not have any problem during the 'make install'.
The only problem that  I had have been about the file
/usr/share/apps/katepart/syntax/r.xml
which conflicts with the kdelibs package, so I deleted this file from
the package.
I have the build.log of the package, I can send it to every one that
would like to see it...

Do you have any ideas of the cause and the solution of this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
P.Yves