[RkWard-devel] Distribution plots: not quite right!

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 24 23:26:07 UTC 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 00:06, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> > If you'd volunteer to do this, that would truly be helpful.
>
> No problem. I will do it over this weekend.

Thanks!

> > One long term TODO item is a "preview" window for graphs. That's probably
> > the only clean solution (if we would simply replace rk.graph.on () by x11
> > (), we'd open a new window on each "Submit"; if we would omit
> > rk.graph.on/off () altogether, we'd simply plot to whichever device is
> > currently active, risking to mess up unrelated graphs), but will require
> > some work to implement.
>
> Hmm... I understand your point now. I was trying to use dev.cur() to redraw
> the graph and storing the current device id as a global variable
> (rk.dist.plot.dev.id in "package:rkward" ). But once the widget is closed
> using either the "Close" button or by just closing the window, I will need
> this global variable to be reset (or rather removed). But I guess that is
> not possible due to the generic nature of the "Close" button in
> plugin/rkstandardcomponentgui.cpp?  cpp codes are beyond my reach :(

Well, no need to worry anymore. After I replied to your mail, I thought about
what's needed again and then - started doing it. In SVN, there is now support
for a preview feature. It's not documented, yet, it probably still has some
quirks, and only the histogram plugin uses it so far (that's the one I tested
with), but it's there, and seems to work.
In fact it uses an approach very similar to the one you describe, internally.