[RkWard-devel] RKWard 0.4.5pre1, 0.4.5 release process

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:43:09 UTC 2007

2007/1/9, SJR <stefan_roediger at gmx.de>:
> Am Dienstag, 9. Januar 2007 10:28 schrieb I. Soumpasis:
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I updated the greek translation to the new version, which I have attached.
>
> Great, thanks! Do you think you could also make a small announcement if RKWard
> 0.4.5 is released?

No problem, but what exactly do you mean?

> > Hope in the future I could help in development. For now I'm learning
> > programming. I have in my mind writing some plugins but for the moment
> > don't know how.
>
> The way I started was to look into the references given by Thomas and of
> course in existing plug-ins. A good one to start from is that for T-test if
> based if the result should be a test and for plots are the histogram and
> box-plot rather good one.
> Here is the reference to the documentation:
> http://rkward.sourceforge.net/devel.php?content=documentation
>
> The documentation for R is also important. I started here
> http://sjar.wordpress.com/2007/01/06/r-tutorials-and-manuals/
>  a small collection of useful docs but it's far from complete. I'm open for
> suggestions! Statistics with R by Vincent Zoonekynd is one of the best I'm
> aware of.
>
> Try to get a rough overview how it works then try to reuse an existing one. If
> you get in trouble you will certainly find help here. At the beginning it
> took me days even to write something simple (Distribution plug-ins e.g.) and
> it would haven been to no avail without the help of Thomas. But I got faster
> (but fare from perfect). I hope that you don't get the impression that I want
> to push you! I just hope that my experience is of some help for you.

Thanks for the push! I had already taken a look at the documentation,
and I intend to look at the plugins already written. However, I learn
C++ write now, and helps me understand, many things better. Doing
these two things in parallel I believe that I will be able in  some
time (I believe soon) to take a try.

Also I have some thoughts in my mind which I will be able to discuss
at a later time so I can express better and in clearness what I have
to say.