[RkWard-devel] Code generated for "multi action" plugins

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Jan 7 19:29:24 UTC 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 19:10, SJR wrote:
> Glad that you say that. By the way. Right now RKWard has oh so many great
> features. It would be nice to have some kind of "Tip of the Day" or "Did
> you know, RKWard can ... for you?". Or maybe forget it. It's not really
> useful for a scientific tool. I think I should start to do some work on the
> help. What is the current status. Is there "connection" between the help
> button and the help?

Embarassingly, the help button is entirely bogus, ATM. Probably, you are
right, and this should become a / the top priority right now. I'll try to
see, what I can come up with.

Regarding "Tip of the Day" functionality, an idea I had the other day was,
that there will be a "Getting started" help page in the help system to be
designed. This page would get opened by default in each session, until the
user turns this off in the settings, somewhere. This would give an overview
of the main parts of RKWard, and link to more detailed information. There
could also be a page called "Tips".

I'm finished going through the plugins for now. Some aspects (variable
naming, "rk.temp.i" vs. "i") may have to get revisited later on. For now I
focused on eliminating the cat ("HTML"), and simplifying the generated code.