[RkWard-devel] Graphics devices

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jan 4 18:05:13 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 18:37, Renaud Lacour wrote:
> > anything on when this will be implemented, yet). Do you happen to know
> > of a method to retrieve the filename of a (file bound) graphics device?
>
> Sorry, I didn't make well myself understood. I was talking of the
> filename argument for GD which output to a file, eg pictex, pdf, ps...
> This field however is not relevant for eg X11.

I believe it was me, who did not make myself understood: The question is after
a graphics device (other than X11) has been created, how can you find out the
corresponding filename? This is what we would need to do rkward in order to
display that information. I could not find any such function (par () does not
seem to contain this info), but suspect there should be one. That's why I was
asking, whether you happen to know a solution.

> However, the kind of string which may be filename-completed can be easily
> detected in the function usage by the common presence of "file =".

Good point. This might be enough for a preliminary solution. I'll look into
this.