[RkWard-devel] Graphics devices

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jan 4 17:15:44 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 15:02, Renaud Lacour wrote:
> However I would be quite interested in a simple way to switch
> between graphics devices. I'm thinking of a new tab around R terminal tab
> which would look like this :
>
> Graphics device
> ---------------
>
>   [activate] GD1  Filename (if relevant)   GD parameters [Close]
>   [activate] GD2  Filename (if relevant)   GD parameters [Close]
>
>   [Add custom GD]
>
> with the possibility to use a default/automatic GD such as PNG or SVG in
> Rkward's output tab.

Interesting suggestion. I'll add it to our TODO list (but won't promise
anything on when this will be implemented, yet). Do you happen to know of a
method to retrieve the filename of a (file bound) graphics device?

> BTW, as far as feature requests are concerned, I appreciate the
> autocompletion for R objects. Unfortunately, it does not complete file
> system paths in functions such as setwd or some graphics devices.

Yes, also added this to the TODO list. Filename completion would be attempted
whenever the current context is a string. Unfortunately, right now, it is not
easy to detect, when we are in string context for inside rkward (even though
strings are highlighted). With KDE4 this will be much easier. Not quite sure,
whether I'll attack this issue before that time.