[RkWard-devel] Graphics devices

Renaud Lacour renaud.lacour at free.fr
Thu Jan 4 12:56:57 UTC 2007

> January, 23. While I was aware of that problem, here, it occurs only
> rarely. That's why I still included the feature. I have no idea, why it
> seems to be so much more frequent on your machine.

I believe it's relevant to the time the computer takes to generate or
display the graphics, because this issue occurs more often with graphics
with many points. Moreover, the computer on which I'm currently running
Rkward is sometimes short on memory (300M) and the hard drive is no so
fast.

> If it becomes too
> annoying, you can run the following R code:
>
> x11 <- X11 <- grDevices::X11

Thanks, it works very well.

> Ok, I can reproduce this, and get the same bug. The problem seems to be
> that the khtmlpart does not reload images that did not work previously.
> For me, the image does show, when I close and reopen the Output window.

I noticed the same fact.

> Another workaround would be to ensure that everything from rk.graph.on
> () to rk.graph.off () gets run in a single go. E.g. in the console,
> write this instead:
>
> rk.graph.on (); plot (x); rk.graph.off ()

Thanks again, it also works fine.
Maybe the "refresh" menu item should tell the khtml kpart to reload.

Regards,
--
Renaud Lacour <renaud.lacour at free.fr>