[RkWard-devel] Plotting options

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 17:51:12 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 12:27:01 pm I. Soumpasis wrote:
> Here is an  example I used and I liked it
> par(bg="light gray", las=2, fg="black", pch=19)

Though it sure looks nice, but we should not force it onto the user, who
should have the freedom to either use an 'elegant' setting as the default or
the existing setting as the default.

I have been thinking on this for a while now. The plot_options plugin is now
being used at many places. So it might be useful to add some more par(..)
options to it. Of course, to be compatible with the existing usages, set
<external id="allow_argument" defualt="false"/> for the new 'arguments'.

Then comes the question of setting 'default' par(...) configs. Should it be
done globally from Settings > Configure RKWard > par() settings (another
tab) ? Then read the default settings when initializing plot_options.xml (But
such conditional approach in xml is not possible, or atleast not elegantly, I
suppose)? So what solution, if any, for a modified 'default' set of par(...)
cofigs, exists?

Regards
PK