[RkWard-devel] Quick survey: Startup note

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 17:38:47 UTC 2007

2007/2/28, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> just a very quick survey: We still have a message box shown, when RKWard
> is
> started:
>
> "Please note that RKWard is still far from being finished. We feel it is
> already helpful for a number of tasks, but many features are lacking or
> buggy. You can help us by filing bug reports, feature requests, or
> providing
> feedback in any other form. Please visit http://rkward.sourceforge.net for
> contact information."
>
> I tend to forget about this, as naturally, I've turned it off long time
> ago,
> as probably anybody would have done by the third time of starting RKWard.
> Question: Since we now show an introductory "Welcome to RKWard" help page
> by
> default, is there still a use for this message?
>
> a) Yes, keep it
> b) Keep it, but with a different text
> c) No, it's obsolete
>
> I beiieve that RKWard as a GUI for R is complete; at least I like too
much, I rarely use the terminal. As a competitive to other statitical
applications seems to be good but have steps to take. So I am between b and
c. But I find more favourable c also for marketing reasons. If it is to be
changed it could be something like this:
"RKWard has already made great progress steps and it is already helpful for
many tasks, but some features may be lacking. You can help us by filing bug
reports, feature requests, or providing feedback in any other form. Please
visit http://rkward.sourceforge.net for contact information."

Regards,
Ilias