[RkWard-devel] stem-and-leaf plot

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Feb 26 23:21:14 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 February 2007 23:27, Stefan Roediger wrote:
> What is the best way to give a proper output of stem {graphics}, stem.leaf
> {Rcmdr} or HTMLstem {R2HTML}.
> I mean is rk.results usable?

I'm afraid, not really.

stem directly produces output, instead of creating an object. So that's the
main problem. Also, rk.results() isn't designed to handle this sort of
pre-formatted output.

HTMLstem solves the issue by first capturing the output of stem using
capture.output(), and then printing it inside <pre></pre>.

I think, there's no way around using capture.output() to get the result of
stem in a usable form. For printing, I've added the simple function
rk.print.literal(x)
which directs to the output inside of <pre></pre> (but will be extensible to
support other output formats). So the call would be e.g.
rk.print.literal(capture.output(stem(islands)))