[RkWard-devel] GUi element?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 22 22:09:21 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 21:59, Stefan Roediger wrote:
> one GUI element is still missing in RKWard. Look at the image.
>  "ToDo or not ToDo, that is the question - Whether 'tis nobler in the mind
> to suffer ..." ;)

Hm. Given that I can't think of too many use cases besides chisq.test() at the
moment, and given that it would be rather a larger bit of work, I'm rather
disinclined to add this, for now. Also, I think the only reason Rcmdr needs
this, is because they artifically limited themselves to only one active
dataset. In RKWard the approach would probably be:
1) Enter values in a new data.frame
2) Analyse that data.frame
(but maybe a shortcut for the important 2x2 case would be nice (this could be
done, simply using four spinboxes)). One thing that might be nice, would be
to offer some "links" to creating a new data.frame for such a purpose. No
good idea on that, however, right now.

Do you see a strong need for this?