[RkWard-devel] new export plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 22 17:32:33 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 13:57, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> I am not sure I have understood you correctly. So, for JPEG/PNG the user
> will not be able to provide width/height explicitely but rather will (may)
> change ONLY the resolution (dpi) values? In other words, width and height
> gui options will be enabled only for PS/PDF?

What I mean is this:
- If either width/height, or both are specified, everything stays as is now.
- Only in the case where neither is specified (both automatic) there'd be a
change: Instead of displaying the message and forcing the user to supply at
least one or the other, we'd cover up for png()/jpeg()'s strange requirement
to give at least one parameter. That is, only in this case we'd use the code
I suggested (or something like it), in all other cases it would remain as is.

Pseudo-code:
if ($png_jpeg && $width_automatic && $height_automatic) {
	// png() and jpeg() need at least one of width/height
	$width_option = ", width=par("din")[1]*" . $resolution;
} else {
	if (!$width_automatic) {
		$width_option = ", width=" . getRKval ("width");
	}
	// ...
}

Does it make sense, now?