[RkWard-devel] new export plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 22 11:56:04 UTC 2007

Hi Prasenjit,

On Thursday 22 February 2007 11:31, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> A fully functional (new) export plugin is in place (revision 1422) along
> with an updated help file!!. It took a lot of time to get all the logic
> parameters right (hopefully!). So, go ahead and test it, whenever you can.

thanks! This looks very nice!

A few suggestions:
1) Instead of "None" for papersize, fontsize, encoding, write "Default"
1b) The papersize option "Use papersize definition" is redundant, as
paper="default" is equivalent to omitting the parameter.
2) The default resolution for png() and jpeg() is 96 dpi, so that should be
the default value for the spinbox as well.
3) There's a spurious <frame> around the png/jpeg options
4) I think autowidth and autoheight should be set by default
4b) The necessity to set either width or height for png() and jpeg() can be
lifted from the user: If both are set to default in the GUI, the call to
dev.print() could be
> dev.print(png, width=par("din")[1]*96, height=par("din")[2]*96)
where of course "96" would be the chosen resolution.
This would be some more logic in PHP, but save all the <logic> dedicated to
showing the note in the XML, and make the user's life a little easier at the
same time.

I haven't done real heavy testing, but can produce plots of all types, and did
not find any bugs.