[RkWard-devel] "code" button and "color" plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 21 14:24:17 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 19:24, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> 1. The "Code" button on every plugin might use a little modification.
> Try toggling the "Code" button and see the issue: Change the default
> number of code pixels (Settings > Configure RKWard) to some thing big,
> say 400. Now when the "Code" button is toggled (for any plugin) so
> that the code is not displayed, the whole plugin window elongates,
> making the plugin GUI look awkward. Let us say the default code
> display height is 'c' pixels, and for the current plugin, the GUI
> height is 'p' pixels. Then, it would be nice if the "Code" button
> toggles the total widget height between,
>     p (plugin)+0 (code) <--- and ---> p (plugin) + c (code)
> instead of
>     p+c (plugin)  <--- and ---> p (plugin) + c (code).

Yes. I had tried to do it that way from the start, for many hours, but failed.
As usual, taking a long break, and thinking about it again, often helps. So
today I took another look and succeeded. Interestingly, downsizing the dialog
again seems to be impossible with a splitter. However, the splitter really
wasn't too useful after all, so I removed it, and - tada - the dialog can
properly shrink again, when the code display is hidden.

> 2. An embedable 'color' plugin will be very useful. Stefan's dropbox
> in plot_options was a quick work around. Instead of copy pasting the
> whole bunch in many other plugins (like Export, CLT plugins), at least
> a temporary embedable plugin might be handy. The neater approaches as
> mentioned (by Thomas?) in the TODO or earlier mails might take some
> time.

I copied Stefan's selector to a separate embeddable plugin. I changed the
plot_options plugin to embed the color picker instead of defining it inline,
so you can look there, to see how to use it.
One small issue with this: It is not currently possible to change the label
from an embedding plugin (i.e. the label is always "Color"). I hope this is
ok for the time being.