[RkWard-devel] Distribution CLT: revision 1417

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 21 12:53:16 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 18:51, you wrote:
> > Interestingly, for these plugins, I sometimes see the problem about
> > the "Processing. Please wait" being shown continuously, like has been
> > reported, recently. I'll have to investigate, what exactly may be going
> > wrong, here (but no time to look at it, today).
> >
> > One issue I noted within the plugin: I think the breaks-parameter needs
> > to be specified in the call to hist(), not the plot().
>
> Yes, this seems to be a likely cause. I have changed this in the
> working copy, once I have done some more modifications, I will commit
> them.

No, those two were entirely unrelated, I didn't word it very well. I think I
have now fixed the issue about getting stuck in the "Processing. Please wait"
stage. After svn up, you will need to do make and also make install. Without
the make install, all plugins will be broken.

The hist() call is an entirely separate issue.

Another small issue, I noted:
You write
if (<? echo ($scalenorm); ?>) ...
and
if (<? echo ($drawnorm); ?>) ...
As discussed here:
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/documents/devel/plugins/phptemplate.html#policysimplicity ,
it is better to use

<? if ($scalenorm) { ?>
<? } ?>

instead. This will keep the generated code more consise, and simpler to read
(as is the statements would generate something like "if (1/0) ...", which is
not easy to understand, what it is supposed to do).
Also, the $mean and $var members of the list are only needed in the scalenorm
case, so could be moved inside the same if. Then three lines of generated
code will be saved, if there is no normalisation.

And a nitpick:
Please don't mix tabs and spaces for indentation. While it doesn't matter too
much, which one to chose, having both in the same file can easily get
confusing (it may look good on your screen, if the tab width is set
correctly, but that differes everywhere). At most places in RKWard we use
tabs to indent, so it's probably a good idea to prefer tabs, in general, for
consistency.