[RkWard-devel] set working directory: revision 1415

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Feb 20 12:54:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 07:02, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> This simple plugin sets the working directory of R to a user chosen path
> (using <browse>). If the provided path is not a valid directory, then a
> "Not a directory" message is displayed and nothing done.

I suggest either omitting this (setwd() will give an "cannot change directory"
erorr, anyway), or changing it to

stop ("Not a directory")

As it really is an error.

> It uses setwd() to
> do the job. A tiny help file has also been included.
>
> I was not sure where to put the files. As of now they are under
> '00saveload', let me know if there is a better place. Added to
> under_development.pluginmap.

Well, good question. I simply don't have any plan/ideas for a suitable
directory layout for the plugins. 00saveload seems reasonable for now
(although I'll rename that to something else, sooner or later). But, if
anybody has an idea for some guidelines on this, I'd be interested to hear
about that.