[RkWard-devel] Scatterplot: Names

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Feb 18 13:13:32 UTC 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007 04:22, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> The "Names" tab of Scatterplot has some bug! The Xname/Yname/main etc.
> variables are not visible to the php code. They are always empty "".

Indeed.

> I am
> not able to locate the bug exactly.

The problem is with variable scoping. Variable defined in one PHP function
(calculate (), in this case) are "local" to that function, and not visible in
any other function (doPrintout() is trying to access those vars). To make
them available to both function, they need to be declared "global" (I have
done so in SVN).
Of course, we'd really need to change the scatterplot plugin to use
plot_options for this to make it consistent and less work to maintain
(scatterplot is one of the oldest plugins, and I never found the time to
rework it properly). But it should work again, for now.