[RkWard-devel] Second 0.4.6 preview release, testing, translations

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Feb 11 15:52:32 UTC 2007

On Sunday 11 February 2007 16:18, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> I did some testing, it seems to be the tab. I don't know how tab key
> functions, but pressing it twice I get this message:
> Display all 445 possibilities? (y or n)
> which is the number of my files in my /home/user dir. Weird. I did knew
> that.  This happens in both gnome-terminal and konsole, but not in rkward's
> konsole.
>
> So copying and pasting the code as is passes the tabs and stops after if (
> is.character (x)) { where it has many tabs.

Ah, ok. It's that the R console has no idea that the text is really being
pasted. It sees the tab as a simple key-press. For tab-key it will try to
provide filename completion (since it assumes the text is entered
interactively). The rkward console is simply a little smarter about this.

Writing the same to a file and source()ing it should work fine. Pasting into a
plain R console is not really a typical use-case, so I guess we can safely
ignore this for now.