[rkward-devel] pie chart

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 07:28:17 UTC 2007

2007/8/7, Stefan Roediger <stefan_roediger at gmx.de>:

> Hi list,
>
> I added an input field for names in the pie chart plug-in. I can't
> remember
> the original author. Anyway, please check if you like the approach. From
> now
> on the user is forced to enter names (may it be the original data (->
> numbers) or strings) in contrast to the previous way where the "name" was
> chosen "automatically".

Hi Stefan,

I tried the plugin tabulating factor data but I cannot produce a pie chart.
The problem seems to be the names (x) <- "data". Someway the users should be
warned I think that the dimension of names (x) must be equal with the data
they choose for names, or they must not be forced, just to have a choice if
they want to use different names.

BTW, who is active right now?

I am here and there. I am in a transitional fase and when I find some hours
free I commit as far as I can.

Kind Regards,
Ilias

BTW, I saw you started the lm plugin. I have some ideas about the lm - glm
plugins and some code written in R (I have already sent a e-mail on the list
before but did not have the time for more). If you want I could send you
some code or we could develop together these plugins because I believe that
they are important and the user should get the maximum out of them.

Two points on the plugin already at the svn repository:
1. The Independent Variables could be more than one so if the user chooses
one he will do lm, if he chooses more than one he could do multiple lm.
2. The user should get a choice of plotting. The plot (lm(x~y)) gives four
plots. If we use par(mfrow=c(2,2)) and then the plot(lm(x~y)) could give use
the four graphs in one plot.