[rkward-devel] C stack usage too close to the limit

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Apr 20 16:18:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Friday 20 April 2007 03:09, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Cstack_info()
>       size    current  direction eval_depth
>    8388608       8644          1          2

ok, thanks. I exchanged some mails directly with Roberto. It turns out, on his
system (even in a plain session of R), the stack grows negative, so it's not
just a problem in RKWard (but in plain R it is mostly harmless). No idea, why
this is so, though.

> mkdir: cannot create directory
> `/home/roland/packages/rkward/trunk/rkward/rkward/rbackend/rpackages/tmp/R.
>INSTALL.6571-0419204514': Permission denied
> mkdir: cannot create directory
> `/home/roland/packages/rkward/trunk/rkward/rkward/rbackend/rpackages/tmp/R.
>INSTALL.6571': Permission denied
> ERROR: cannot create temporary directory
> cd: 99: can't cd to
> /home/roland/packages/rkward/trunk/rkward/rkward/rbackend/rpackages/tmp/R.I
>NSTALL.6571 * Installing *source* package 'rkward' ...

> I didnot build using sudo, should that cause the Permission denied
> error? I thought the fakeroot handled such issues?

Theoretically, you should not need superuser privileges, and it works, here.
Could you cd
to /home/roland/packages/rkward/trunk/rkward/rkward/rbackend/rpackages/ and
check whether the directory "tmp" exists, and if so, with what permissions?