[rkward-devel] seg fault errors...

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 23:06:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

I guess I must have reported it earlier too.. I can not deterministically
reproduce this, but happens quite often, especially when I have lot of
variables in my workspace.. It happens when I select a portion of R console
(previous cmd's output, etc.) using mouse and try to copy, by right clicking
on the selected portion.

[error]
output without receiver'
 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x28, cause 'memory not mapped'

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
'
[/error]

And of course, the whole thing (R and RKWard) hangs. Terminate/kill is the
only option left. How often (if at all) does anyone else get such errors? I
know there is a note somewhere on the RKWard website for memory issues. Is
this the kind of memory issue that is referred to?

Regards
PK