[rkward-devel] C stack usage too close to the limit

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Apr 19 15:35:12 UTC 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007 17:10, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Well I must add, after the "dpkg -i",
> $ dpkg -l | grep rkward
> iU  rkward           0.4.7-2         a KDE frontend to the R statistics
> language
>
> and rkward does indeed start without any non-trivial warnings or
> errors, inspite of the "iU" status. And seems to work!

Funny, I thought it would not install the package at all in this case. Well,
whatever. And so you don't get any problems with the C stack limit? I just
asked the same of Roberto in private mail. Maybe for comparison purposes,
could you try

Cstack_info()

in both a plain session of R and in rkward on this machine?

> Here is the (later) output of "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -nc" for
> the svn code... The bash error is gone but the other errors remain.

Those should be benign, though.

> And it leads to the earlier mentioned issue of dependency on R-2.4.9

When did you try? I made another small change around two hours ago. If you get
anything from svn up, could you try again?

> I am using Kubuntu Feisty (debian based!), so I suspect (forgot to
> look up last night and am back in the dept now) gcc is 4.1

Ok, thanks for the info so far.