[rkward-devel] C stack usage too close to the limit

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Apr 19 10:17:35 UTC 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007 07:15, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Ok, trying to "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" ends up like this:

> /bin/sh: [[: not found
> /bin/sh: [[: not found
> /bin/sh: [[: not found

> So, I guess something is wrong. Trying to "dpkg -i" the .deb file
> gives the following errors:
>
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rkward:
>  rkward depends on r-base-core (<= 2.2.1-6); however:
>   Version of r-base-core on system is 2.4.1-1.

Ok, so there seems to be something wrong in the rules file, and so we end up
defining the wrong dependency. Probably the shell constructs used simply are
not portable. I tried something in SVN. Could you try to build a package from
the SVN version, to see, if it works, now?

Hint: Using
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -nc
(i.e. adding the -nc option) skips the step of cleaning the sources and some
other not so relevant stuff. So for experimenting this can save a lot of
compile time.

> Funny ! The compiled version works fine though. This is using Kubuntu
> Feisty on iBookG4.

Hm. I wonder what's different on Roberto's system, then. You are using debian
Linux, are you? Or perhaps some other platform (bsd, something else)? What's
your version of GCC?