[rkward-devel] UI wishlist

Michel Lang michellang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:22:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've made some thoughts on the user interface. Here are my suggestions:

- buttons: add close this file/tab button. Show "Stop running command" button
also when cursor located in script file. Add "Run this function" button

- save size/proportions of R script file and R console. Save editor
preferences (e.g. show line numbers)

- execution of (parts of) scripts via F8, F9 and CTRL+L should all work if
the cursor is located in the R console

- project/session handling (for dealing with multiple files all part of a
single project) as already integrated into kate. Session handling may include
saving the current working dir, workspace and folding

- file system browser tab, as included in kate, to easy access generated files
as PDFs from within rkward.

- add option to automatically setwd() to location of script file, or to only
setwd() to first opened script file (or drop this with session support)

- shortcut to switch between script file and R console window (or is there
already one? if not, it is badly needed)

Best regards, Michel Lang