[rkward-devel] rkward in Debian?

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 00:02:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

I remember, Thomas mentioning that rkward would soon be uploaded to the debian
repository (http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4255064). I am
not (as always!) aware of Debian's package inclusion policies and timings
etc, but here are my concerns:

Here is the current state of rkward in all the three Debian repos: (0.4.2-2 in
unstable)
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=rkward&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

The packages on queue to be included does not show rkward:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
http://incoming.debian.org

Keeping Debian updated might keep the {U,X,K}buntu updated too I guess. And
someday, the OpenSuse buildsystem might be helpful. I was trying to browse
thru that one day, I guess only the developer that can get an account and
only then you can try building it for other distros. Did anyone get to try
it?

Any pointers/comments?

Regards
PK