[RkWard-devel] rkward 0.3.7 compiling error - issue 3

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Oct 23 11:48:36 UTC 2006

Hi Georgi,

On Monday 23 October 2006 03:27, Georgi Lalev wrote:
> rkward.cpp:95: error: `KDEV3ICON' is not a member of type `KMultiTabBar'
> rkward.cpp:95: error: `setToolviewStyle' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> rkward.cpp:95: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> for
>    each function it appears in.)
> rkward.cpp: In member function `void RKwardApp::readOptions()':
> rkward.cpp:385: error: no matching function for call to `RKwardApp::
>    applyMainWindowSettings(KConfig*, const char[20], bool)'
> /opt/kde3/include/kmainwindow.h:458: error: candidates are: void
>    KMainWindow::applyMainWindowSettings(KConfig*, const QString&)

this looks like a problem with the KDE libraries. Likely we've used some
features only available in later versions of KDE. If you have that option,
you could try to upgrade your installation of KDE (which you wrote was
3.2.1). If you don't have that option, please hang on another while. I'll
take a look into fixing this, but don't have the time right now.

BTW, the current version of rkward is 0.4.0, so you might want to download
that. It has an additional issue when compiling on 64 bit architectures,
however (see https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3974958).