[RkWard-devel] request-idea:results-graphs from console in output

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Nov 21 13:39:39 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 14:24, Ilias Soumpasis wrote:
> Ok I have figured that using
> rk.graph.on()
> plot(something)
> rk.graph.off()
> I can insert plots in the output. However, that is not done
> concurrently, but after restarting rkward, and going to the output
> window.
>
> Is there a way to print plots at the output the time they are plotted?

The plots are inserted at once, but the output view is not updated
automatically. You should see the plots after switching to the output window
(or opening the output window via Windows->Show Output), and then chosing
Output->Refresh.

Obviously, though, this area needs some improvemnts... Right now, I'm trying
to get an annoying bug in R fixed
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2006-November/043692.html). When this
is fixed, we will be able to make dealing with plots much easier. Also, I
guess the output window should gain an option to auto-refresh itself.