[RkWard-devel] Translation

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Nov 19 16:37:32 UTC 2006

Hi No No,

On Sunday 19 November 2006 12:40, No No wrote:
> Ok. I have ubuntu 6.10 and installed kbabel and followed instructions
> so I have translated about 2/3 of rkward.

great!

> I have a question. How do we change langage at rkward? And can I
> compile it again with the el.po file so to see if any problems in
> translation having it on action?

To use your new translation, copy it to the "po"-subdirectory of the rkward
sources. Then do configure, make, make install (configure is only needed the
first time, not on subsequent updates of the translation).

To switch between languages without changing the language for your entire
desktop (or to use a language other than your desktop default), invoke rkward
with

KDE_LANG=xx rkward

(where xx would be "el" in your case).

I'll be adding this information to the wiki in a minute.