[RkWard-devel] Command log / Console

Ralf Tautenhahn rtautenh at ipb-halle.de
Fri Nov 3 12:41:02 UTC 2006

Thomas Friedrichsmeier schrieb:
> Now, my idea is to actually get rid of the command log as a separate entity,
> and combine it with the console. Rather, there would be a "Main console", and
> this main console would also act as a log, in that all commands (also those
> from plugins, etc.) would be shown in exactly the order in which they were
> executed. At the same time, of course, you could still use it interactively.

For the moment, I bypassed the problem by detaching the command log from
the main window
and so displaying both - command log and console - on the same screen,
which takes much space on the screen, of course.

I think it would be nice to have an option to send all command log to
the console, so
everybody can decide to use this option or not.
For me it would not be very confusing to get some logs pushed into the
console while typing.
Does it happen very often, that scripts are running in the background
while typing in the console ? Not here, jobs that take very long are
send to the grid engine :)

I'd like to mention two more things, when talking about the console/log:
- A workmate misses very much an command/key to clean up the console/log
- another nifty feature would be - if F8 would work also in the console/log.

Ralf.