[RkWard-devel] <,>,!=, >> and more

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Mar 28 16:26:32 UTC 2006

Hi Stefan,

> how can one define the min and max for the GUI elements values which are
> e.g. larger than zero (x > 1), equal or larger than zero (x >= 1) or
> smaller than 1 (x < 1) and so on?

for equal or larger than zero, use
<spinbox ... min="0"/>
and - unless you also want to set an upper limit - simply omit the
max-attribute entirely (i.e. do not even write max="", just leave it away).
Conversely, for smaller than 1, use
<spinbox ... max="1"/>
and omit the min-attribute.
min and max work independently to define the upper and lower boundaries. If
omitted, these parameters default to the min/max values technically possible.
Larger than zero (but not excatly zero) is not supported, directly. You'd have
to write something like min="0.0001".
Note that I'm referring to the current development version (in CVS). In rkward
up to 0.3.4, omitting min/max would assume some not-so-clever defaults.

> I'm still struggling with the cvs thingy. I Still need to read something
> to understand how it works.

Ok. If you need some specific info, just ask. We're not using most of the
nifty advanced features of CVS. For instance there are no branches (yet), no
edit-locks, etc. So (once you have the initial import), the only functions
you'll really need are

cvs update: Download changes others made in CVS to your local copy
cvs commit: Upload the changes you made in your local copy to CVS
cvs add: Add file(s) from your local copy to CVS
cvs rm: Remove file(s) from CVS

So, if you're reading documentation on CVS, skip the sections on all other
commands for now. You won't need them, yet.