[RkWard-devel] ecdf & rug

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Dec 17 23:22:45 UTC 2006

Hi Stefan,

On Monday 18 December 2006 00:04, SJR wrote:
> I'm trying to implement "rug(x)" as an option to the ecdf plot. Basically
> it's working, by the means that I get rug(x) in an graph output. But there
> is also the  output of the data which I cant explain myself.
> Any comments?

rug (x) returns x (invisibly). Hence, when you do "cat (rug (x))", first the
rug is plotted, then the value is printed (same thing happens, if you use x11
() instead of rk.graph.on ()).
The solution should be to simply remove the "cat (...)", i.e. simply:

if (dorug) rug(<? echo ($x); ?>)

instead of

if (dorug) cat ((rug(<? echo ($x); ?>)))