[RkWard-devel] SVN changes

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Dec 5 11:13:24 UTC 2006

Hi!

Sourceforge has changed the connection method to their SVN services
(https://sourceforge.net/docs/E09#notice). I can't remember a prior notice,
so I thought I'd post it here. Most types of SVN activities are not affected,
yet, using the old connection method, but they may phase out the old method
some day, and it may be better to switch before that.
Also, some types of developer SVN access, such as adding or moving files seems
to be broken with the old connection method, now. That's how I noticed this
change in the first place.

To find out whether you're affected:
Run
# svn info
at the top of your working copy. If you get something like:
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rkward/[trunk/rkward]
you are affected. You're ok, if it looks like this:
https://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rkward/[trunk/rkward]

To switch your working copy to the new connection method, at the top of your
working copy, run:
# svn switch --relocate https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rkward/trunk
https://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rkward/trunk

SF recommends making a backup, first.