[RkWard-devel] Feature Request: auto completion

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Apr 19 17:18:56 UTC 2006

Hi Jacob, hi Stefan,

> I use 50% rkward, 50% R Aqua GUI for Mac OS X.  While R Aqua doesn't
> *technically* have auto-completion, once you type in a function
> there's a little bar at the bottom that displays all the arguments
> that function takes.  It's quite helpful - I'll see if I can attach a
> screenshot.

looks like a fairly nice idea. Anyway, the first step to realizing that sort
of functionality will be to copy the information about functions and their
arguments to rkward space. That is, rkward will have to learn to represent R
functions, first (and of course sooner or later it will have to learn how to
do this, anyway). Once we have that kind of information in rkward, I hope it
will not be too hard to implement using the kate-part.
This is not realistic for the emergency release (probably to be released on
Sunday). However, I think there is a reasonable chance to get this into the
next release after that.