[RkWard-devel] Call for testing: 0.3.4 prerelease

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 26 12:00:18 UTC 2005

> I've noticed than in 0.3.3 when I load the Bioconductor package affy
> (library(affy)), rkward crashes and in the terminal all it says is 'bus
> error'.  I haven't a clue what that means.  It didn't do this in 0.3.2.
>   Also, library(affy) works just fine in the terminal.  Loading other
> bioconductor packages have also caused this same error in rkward.  I
> think any package depending on Biobase has done this.  Any ideas?

I can't reproduce this in the 0.3.4 prerelease. I have not yet found the time
to check with 0.3.3. However, I'm not really aware of any changes that could
likely cause such an effect.
If you get around to do some more testing sooner than I do, could you try
whether you can reproduce the crash with the prerelease? If so, is this
FreeBSD again, or some other system?
Either way, while I was not able to reproduce this crash, while trying to, I
found a totally different bug, and a badly missing feature...

Thanks!