[RkWard-devel] New website, release 0.3.3 (FreeBSD install)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 13 10:00:49 UTC 2005

Hi Jake,

> Then when I try to load a library...
>
> error message was: 'Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical
> (now)) :
>          unable to load shared library '/usr/local/lib/R/library/
> grDevices/libs/grDevices.so':
>    Shared object "libR.so" not found, required by "grDevices.so"
> Error: package 'grDevices' could not be loaded
>
> I've also noticed that searching the HTML help pages (for R) does not
> work when I take libR.so from /usr/local/lib.
>
> If I put libR.so back to where I coped it (/usr/local/lib) everything
> works fine again.

Sorry, I'm afraid, I have no idea at the moment. I've added a page with the
workaround to the wiki for now. Just one additional disbelieving question
(though you've already answered that, previously): When running plain R from
the terminal, loading libraries works fine, even without having libR.so
copied to /usr/local/lib?

Thanks for your patience. I hope one day we'll find a solution to this.