[RkWard-devel] Another call for testing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Oct 2 12:17:35 UTC 2005

Hi Jake,

> When configuring rkward 0.3.3 I get the following error:
>
> checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
> configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first.
>
> I know I've KDE libs, and rkward 0.3.2 built just fine on this same
> system.  Any idea what the problem is?

oh dear, I've seen this once before on a different system, and I believe I
never found a good solution. Actually, this "UIC having KDE plugins
available" is not even needed to compile RKWard, but modifying the automake
files is always slightly terrifying. Probably we should make the switch to
bksys (which will be the make framework for KDE4) sooner rather than later.
Not for this release, however.
Anyway, Pierre has reported some other bugs, and I'll try to take care of all
this. For reference: What system are you using?