[RkWard-devel] Another preview, last call for testing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Nov 10 17:37:28 UTC 2005

Hi Jake,

> Please let me know if I can do anything else.

another idea:

Attached you will find the first rough draft of a wrapper script for rkward,
that tries to mimick as closely as possible, what R does when starting up.
Please modify lines 5 and 7 in the script to point to the locations on your
system (most likely /usr/local/bin/rkward and /usr/local/lib/R). Remove the
copy of libR.so you created in /usr/local/lib. Run the script, and test

1) does the problem with some R-libraries complaining about not finding
libR.so go away?
2) does the crash when loading Biobase go away?

Everybody else may want to give this wrapper a try as well, as I think
something like this is probably needed in general to fix a few quirks. One
problem I already found with the wrapper script is that help.start () does
not work correctly. I'll look into fixing that, of course.

Thanks!