[RkWard-devel] Another preview, last call for testing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Nov 4 13:50:15 UTC 2005

Hi all,

sorry to bother you again with a call for testing. While trying to work out
some linkage problems in the 0.3.4-preview, I couldn't resist implementing
yet another important feature: For commands running in the console, the
output is now shown in real-time, instead of waiting until the command has
finished. Also, commands such as "Sys.sleep (10)" can now be interrupted more
or less immediately using Ctrl+C.
I have done quite a bit of testing on these changes myself, and believe them
to be safe. However, if you can find the time, please download the new
version of the preview (once again at
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.3.4.tar.gz), and try the
following things:

1) compile/install
2) run a number of commands in the console
3) interrupt some of those commands using Ctrl+C

Please report any problems you come across.
Also, Javier, please try whether this version compiles/links alright on your
system. Jake, could you give this version another chance as well, with the
"library (affy)"-problem?

Unless more serious errors come up, I will release this version (some changes
to the ChangeLog will still be done) as the official 0.3.4 early next week.

Thanks for your testing!