[RkWard-devel] Ideas for the RKWard's website

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed May 11 13:23:04 UTC 2005

Hi again,

> Here you mean that if the URL contains a PHP file, it is not redirected to
> handler.php ?

Yes, since we're only using the DirectoryIndex-directive, only accesses to a
directory (without a filename) get sent to the handler. All links pointing to
a particular file do not go through the handler.

> > I can send you some code I already have for this (I'll have to clean up
> > some project specific stuff first, however). However I have not
> > implemented a mechanism for translations in that project, yet (should be
> > quite doable).
>
> Yes, if it is not too much work !

Ok, I've put it up in a test directory on the rkward-website. That way you can
also have a look at how it works (and you do have access to the web-sources,
don't you?):

http://rkward.sourceforge.net/webtest/

As I wrote, it does not have any multi-language support so far. That would be
done using a URL like

http://rkward.sourceforge.net/webtest/?lang=FR

and then in the handler including the files contents_fr.php and
description_fr.php instead of contents.php and description.php.

If you have questions on how all this works, don't hesitate to ask. Also, you
really don't have to use my approach, do whatever you feel most comfortable
with.