[RkWard-devel] rkward 0.3.2

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Apr 27 18:13:19 UTC 2005

Hi all,

as you've read on this list, a new version of rkward was about to be released.
Today I've prepared the source-packages for rkward 0.3.2, available from the
homepage (http://rkward.sourceforge.net). In the next few days I will try to
prepare a debian binary package for easier installation. If some of you are
experienced in packaging software for other distributions, your help would be
welcomed a lot.
Some of the most important changes in version 0.3.2 are:

- Further enhancements of the GUI
- The R Console and the Command log have been separated
- The R Console now behaves much more like a regular console session in R
- R's x11 () device is finally working properly
Read the full changelog in the download-section on sourceforge.

While rkward still has a long way to go in order to become what it is meant to
be, this release is an important step: Now you should be able to do
everything in rkwards console that you can do in a regular R session - there
are probably a number of quirks left, but no major drawbacks (that I know of)
over running plain R.
As usual, please try out this new release, and tell us about all the little
and not so little issues you find.