[RkWard-devel] Playing with R console

Daniele Medri daniele.medri at libero.it
Tue Sep 28 19:03:34 UTC 2004

Alle 18:50, martedì 28 settembre 2004, Thomas Friedrichsmeier ha scritto:
> window, but personally I think extended options such as line-numbers,
> indentation tools, etc. should be reserved for the Command Editor window,
> in order to keep the GUI in the console window relatively simple.

this is a point that call me as "SAS user that make massive use of an editor,
write many lines of code and run these". As i wrote already.. the "watch"
sould follow IMHO the way of a Terminal with R console.. nothing more: old R
user will appreciate this feature.

So:
- a terminal like R user knows (instead of watch);
- a powerfull editor for S programs to run/save/load.

..eventually, in the future, could be considered a good approach the SEMMA
that SAS Enterprise Miner do: the concept of diagram.. drag'n drop.. icons
and workflow is a new way to think "data analysis" that could be easy to
understand especially in Data Mining with many steps. I cited a product but
simillar functionality are, for e.g. in SPSS Clementine.

--
Daniele Medri - http://www.medri.org