Report of packaging issues with mega release - Qt5/6 translation conflicts

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Jan 25 21:18:47 GMT 2024

El dissabte, 20 de gener de 2024, a les 17:39:15 (CET), Fabian Vogt va
escriure:
> Hi,

> > > package the translations with one of them which you know to be
> > > installed?
>
> Is this actually valid?

I ran lrelease from Qt5 and Qt6 over the same phonon libphonon_qt.po and they
generated exactly bit by bit the same file.

Is that not your experience?

> I don't expect that Qt 5 will always be able to read
> QM files produced for Qt 6. The other way around is probably not guaranteed
> either.

Whether there's a promise or not that this will forever be the same, can't
say.