print-manager and wacomtablet to Plasma

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Tue Oct 31 23:28:46 GMT 2023

On 10/31/23 23:23, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimarts, 31 d’octubre de 2023, a les 20:43:47 (CET), Jonathan Riddell va
> escriure:
>> As discuccsed in Plasma meeting and just now with KDE gear release spods,
>> Plasma would like to take over releases of print-manager and wacomtablet.
>> This means renumbering the tars from e.g. 23.08 to 5.80.0.
>>
>> Any issues?
> What's the rationale for such move?

See https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2023-June/013081.html
where I originally brought up the topic

partly it's not relevant any more since we settled on releasing Plasma
and Gear together this time. The point about these being effectively
tied to Plasma still stands, and as such releasing them together makes
sense, for example because it makes it easier to deal with changes in
their interaction with Plasma