KDE Gear 24.02 bug fix releases and next Gear releases

Laura David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Mon Nov 27 16:22:04 GMT 2023

On Monday, November 27, 2023 8:57:26 AM CET Heiko Becker wrote:
> the question of the next Gear release (after 24.02) came up in #kde-devel
> yesterday evening. [...]
>
> a) Continue with the usual dates, eg. 24.04 and 24.08. (or omitting 24.04
> and continue with 24.08 right away)
>
> b) Continue with the usual interval, so 24.06, 24.10 and so on
>
> c) Slightly change the interval to come back to the proven schedule with
> its nice numbers divisible by 4, so something like, 24.05 and 24.08.

Hi,

As I remember, there wasn’t a more recent announcement than the below,
and the linked wiki page does not discuss releases outside 24.02.

So I assume that option a) from above is true.

23.08, 24.02, 24.04, then proceed as usual (every 4 months).

But if something has changed since the below announcement, I would be happy to
learn it, too. :)