Release annoncements in Discuss

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Wed Apr 5 10:52:29 BST 2023

On Wednesday, 5 April 2023 02:45:10 CEST Nate Graham wrote:
> I think Promo people would probably tell us that the more widely our
> announcements in general are spread the better. Not all eyeballs are
> always looking at the same communications channels, especially for
> mailing lists which are perceived as clunky and old-fashioned by the
> younger generations who aren't as likely to be subscribed to them. Some
> people may only be looking at the forum, some people only the mailing
> list, and we don't want to leave anyone out. So I think there's value in
> being more liberal regarding where we announce releases, especially with
> respect to our own infrastructure.
>
> It would be ideal if we could figure out how to automatically cross-post
> without requiring extra work from anyone though.
>
> Nate

The amount of effort of copying an pasting an announcement text to a new outlet
is very small compared to the potential payback. So, yes, for the mometn we
will be posting to all places, old and new.

We keep tabs on impressions, engagements, etc. on all the outlets we post to
(lots of data here https://collaborate.kde.org/s/8cqZD54ibCkkQmK) . This
dictates what we prioritise

Although is still to early to say whether Discuss will be viable outlet, we
will monitor it as well and decide what to do when we have enough data to do
so.

Cheers

Paul
--