Old versions of our software in Bugzilla

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Tue Sep 6 22:41:27 BST 2022

Greetings folks,

A while back we removed the versions on bugs.kde.org for older,
unsupported versions of our products, in the hope that this would
discourage users from filing bugs if they are using those versions.

Unfortunately this does not appear to have worked, and instead people
file bugs with the version number field just set completely wrong, so
now it's harder to tell when they've submitted a bug while using an old
unsupported version.

I would recommend in the short term that we re-add the old versions to
alleviate this issue.

In the medium term, I would like to extend the bugzilla bot to post a
comment on bug reports filed against old unsupported versions
recommending that the reporter instead ask their distro for support.

Nate