KDE Frameworks 5.94.0

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue May 17 07:53:16 BST 2022

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 10:10 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El dilluns, 16 de maig de 2022, a les 11:50:13 (CEST), Ben Cooksley va
> escriure:
> > On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 9:39 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > > El diumenge, 15 de maig de 2022, a les 23:03:27 (CEST), David Faure va
> > > escriure:
> va
> > > escriure:

> tarballs.

> about
> > > that
> things
> > > so I

> > > plasma-framework/-/merge_requests/523)

> > > increased to
> just
> > > want
> missing?

> this
> > > didn't happen is that I run

> > > ./list_frameworks.sh && ./update_l10n.sh &&
> > > ./increase_frameworks_version.sh step2

> it.
> how we
> > > got tags with missing languages.
> > > "increase_frameworks_version.sh step2" was never done.

> > > release time.
> > >
> > > One thing we may try is moving Frameworks to the "po injection" test
> group.
> > >
> > > "po injection" = scripty commits po files back to git
> > >
> > > Plasma Mobile Gear has been using it and as far as I understand it is
> > > working relatively well.
> > >
> > > Example:
> > > https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/alligator/-/commits/master/po
> > >
> > > This way you can remove any special handling of l10n altogether from
> the
> > > KDE Frameworks release scripts
> > >

> > Is there any particular reason why we can't rollout po injection to all
> > repositories?
>
> We need to adapt the release scripts not to fetch l10n, we also have
> various release scripts that inject ki18n_install/kdoctools_install when
> they do the fecth, so we need to properly add those calls to the root
> CMakeLists.txt

> Not a huge blocker, but it needs to be decided that we should do it and
> then do it.

Given the number of benefits it has to release managers (no more tooling
needed to download translations and integrate them), as well as build
processes for nightly builds and for builds on developer systems I think
we've a fairly compelling reason to switch it on globally. It will also
ensure good CI coverage of the CMake files which should stop issues around
ki18n_install macros which have happened a few times.

It'll also reduce the load on Leptone (the server for invent.kde.org and
svn.kde.org) at release time.

Cheers,
Ben