The KIPI fate

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Apr 17 11:46:38 BST 2022

El divendres, 15 d’abril de 2022, a les 13:42:43 (CEST), Harald Sitter va escriure:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 12:22 PM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> >  * "severly lacks UI polish" *SO WHAT*
>
> I like to think the quality of our products matter.

Of course quality matters, and one very important part of quality is "can this software do what i need it to do?"

> If something looks
> unpolished it reflects badly on us and the product. That in particular
> also applies when we have 300 exporters but the one the user wanted to
> use isn't working. One bad apple spoils the bunch, as it were.

What about the exporter you have been using for decades being removed just because another totally unrelated exporter didn't work?

Software removing features that work and you use without any replacement given would be really a deal-breaker for me.