Gitlab CI - Inbound

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sun Sep 5 08:51:35 BST 2021

On Sun, 5 Sep 2021 18:13:09 +1200
Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This morning after much work i'm happy to announce that the new generation
> CI scripts intended for use with Gitlab CI successfully completed their
> first build (of ECM, and then subsequently of KCoreAddons).
>
> This begins our first steps towards transferring CI over from Jenkins to
> Gitlab.
>
> These scripts are 'Gitlab native' and are designed to work in an
> environment where they will be running on merge requests, tags as well as
> all branches of our repositories - something the existing scripts were
> completely incompatible with. While there are still some infrastructural
> elements to put in place (such as 'seed jobs' to mass rebuild all projects
> after substantial changes and 'cleanup jobs' to remove old builds from the
> Package Registry) the core elements needed for initial testing of these
> scripts are now ready.
>
> For those curious, the results of those initials runs can be found at
> https://invent.kde.org/groups/teams/ci-artifacts/-/packages

Thanks Ben and everybody for their work!

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
Chuck Norris/etc. Facts - https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/

Chuck Norris does not believe in Astrology, despite the fact that he is a
Pisces, and that Pisces always believe in Astrology.
    — https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/